…we are out of time on the clock. The US Government, and the world, have done far too little on climate change, and so now we must move far faster than is comfortable or convenient.Bill McKibben
1. A little cooler this morning – high 40s with drizzle. The rain quit, and the sun came out sporadically in the late morning. We were warned that the temperature when we got up would be the high for the day, and – they were almost right – it got up to 51 before it started its downward slide.
2. If you are in the mood to fall down a rabbit hole (like I did this morning), go here. You might accidentally learn something about the world or about yourself. (Thanks to Hugh Hollowell.)
3. I hurried over to the Wellness Center and got most of my steps in around noon. The staff had all dressed up for Halloween, including my (very pregnant) trainer. This is her last day before she goes on her maternity leave.
4. I fixed a little steak, mashed potatoes, and fresh Brussels sprouts for lunch.
5. I’m hoping since it seems to have quit raining, I will get a good night’s sleep tonight. With all the rain, the sump pump (located under my bedroom) turned on every 15-20 minutes last night. And I heard it every time it turned on.
How about you? What made you happy today?