It is a serious thing just to be alive on this fresh morning in this broken world.Mary Oliver
1. It was in the mid 40s and hazy when I got up this morning. Spotty rain and high temps in the upper 40s rounded out the weather report.
2. Today is Election Day in Washington State. None of the statewide offices are up. The Mayor of Tacoma is running for re-election and doesn’t seem to be in any trouble. There’s lots of TV ads for the Seattle mayor’s race – two Democrats running against each other. Lots of drama elsewhere. I voted (as we do) two weeks ago by mail.
3. In Bible Study we looked at Acts 16:11-15, 38-40. We were specially interested in Lydia – a first century business woman who supported Paul and Silas.
4. Today is Tuesday, so it’s everybody fix their own lunch. I had my standard ham on Killer Dave’s Power Seed bread. I think Big Al fixed himself corned beef hash.
5. Greisser Girls Gab this afternoon. Great to catch up with them.
How about you? What made you happy today?