Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul alike.John Muir
1. Hard rain showers with wind off and on all night long, with the sump pump keeping pace. Low 40s when I got up. Another autumnal storm all day – temps didn’t change during the afternoon or evening.
2. Nice church service today. Lydia is one of the few women mentioned by name in the Bible (particularly the New Testament). She must have been really important. She also probably had money and property in her own right, and she hosted Paul and Silas as well as others in the early church. We had communion and dedicated the pledge cards. Busy morning.
3. When I went on-line to check my bank balance early this morning (because I’m obsessive about checking it every morning) the saved password didn’t work, I struggled with it for a little bit, and then called #2 son and he helped me get past one road block, but I still couldn’t get into my account. I checked the balances using the app on my phone and all was well. After fighting with the computer I decided not to worry about it until this afternoon. When I went back to it after church, everything had fixed itself. I’ve said for years that computers must be terrified of my son because all that has to happen is for him to become aware of a problem and it fixes itself.
4. With the torrential rain still falling after church was over, I wasn’t anxious to go out in it to get lunch, so Big Al and I rode to Burger King and went through the drive-through. We each got Whoppers and fries. Probably more fat than I’ve eaten in a long time, but today is the Sabbath and I’m allowed to splurge.
5. The last of the leaves have been knocked off or blown off the tree outside my window in the wind and the rain of the past week. Lots of moss left but these two are the only leaves on my side of the fence.
How about you? What made you happy today.