Only in the darkness can we see the stars.Martin Luther King, Jr.
1. It was mid 30s and cloudy when I got up this morning. It managed to get up to the mid-40s this afternoon and no rain, although rain is predicted after dark.
2. Because this is the day before Thanksgiving, and because I’m hard-wired to cook on the day before Thanksgiving, even though we’re going to a friend’s house tomorrow, I found myself slicing a cucumber, some scallions, and some dill weed. I like to keep homemade German cucumber salad in the refrigerator, because it’s a great side with soup or sandwiches. It made a good excuse to cook something.
3. I went to the Wellness Center and got most of my steps for the day once I quit wasting time messing around in the kitchen.
4. We decided to do a rerun of “Soup of the Week” for lunch. Big Al had the bean and vegetable soup he cooked up over the weekend, and I thawed out and heated up the Bill’s Gumbo from a couple of weeks ago.
5. We ran a couple of errands after lunch that included a visit to Trader Joe’s. I was afraid they would be so busy that we couldn’t get into the parking lot, but it wasn’t too bad. Now, I hope I’m in for the duration.
How about you? What made you happy today?