Gratitude celebrates life with a joyful “yes” at every knot of the great network in which everything is connected to everything.Br. David Steindl-Rast
1. It was in the mid 40s with wet streets at dawn today. The rain returned throughout the day, and it was cold and rainy when we got home from dinner.
2. We were invited to share the Thanksgiving meal with a good friend and new widow from Franke Tobey Jones and her son, a professional chef. Since Big Al and I are apart from biological family, either in distance or divided from them by snow on the passes, I really appreciated their invitation.
3. My friend Hugh Hollowell said in his post today, “It seems to me that there are two types of family: those you are born to, and those you choose. And while the former is a biological fact, the second is a decision.” It’s doubly true for us at Franke Tobey Jones, between the mountains and the sea.
4. We had a real feast at my friend’s house with charcuterie board, turkey, dressing, gravy, homemade cranberry relish, Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, scalloped potatoes, red cabbage, and roasted vegetables. Followed by apple pie for dessert.
5. I’m in a food coma and will catch you in the morning.
How about you? What made you happy today?