For though my faith is not yours and your faith is not mine, if we each are free to light our own flame, together we can banish some of the darkness of the world.Rabbi Lord Jonathan Sacks
1. My day started MUCH earlier than I had planned. At 1:30 am I was wakened by a zombie smoke detector “chirping”. All the active alarms are hard-wired, so it took us a while to discover which one was misbehaving. Al called for help, not really expecting that anyone would come. Maintenance doesn’t work 24 hrs a day. But about 2:00, the security guard turned up. He was able to reach the offender, and remove its battery. TBTG
2. It was in the upper 30s when I got up (for the second time) this morning. It was misty and showery through the morning and it started raining for real about 2:00. It seems to be settling in for the rest of the day.
3. I was out of the house right after breakfast, because I had a dermatology appointment at 10:00. My PA said there was nothing new. She froze a little place on my face, and switched a prescription from Safeway to Express Scripts. I’ll do a peel on one side of my face after New Year, but I don’t have to go through Christmas totally bright red again this year.
4. We had red beans and rice with little smoky sausages for lunch. Al loves it, and I think it’s okay. I try not to serve highly processed sausage more than once a week, but he’s been good about eating what I fix, so I thought I’d give him a treat.
5. A Christmas present that was supposed to be here yesterday, and then was supposed to be here next week arrived today. Go figure. At least it is safely in my care now.
How about you? What made you happy today?