We’re a nation hungry for more joy: Because we’re starving from a lack of gratitude.Brene Brown
1. It was in the upper 30s early this morning, with damp (not wet) streets. It was drizzly the rest of the day, and the temperature hovered around the 40 deg. mark. And now the rain has begun again in earnest, sweeping in over the Olympic Mountains and watering Puget Sound.
2. In church this morning, the sermon was about Hannah, Samuel’s mother. She was desperate to have a son, and prayed and prayed to get pregnant. God answered her prayers, and she gave birth to Samuel. But she had promised God if she could just have a son, she would give him to the Lord to work in the Temple. When he was weaned, she voluntarily gave him up. Weeping turned to joy, but even though be Bible doesn’t say so. I would guess her joy in the birth turned to weeping when she left him with Eli.
3. For lunch we went to Pomodoro. It’s been a while since we’ve had Italian. I got chicken Masala, with steamed broccoli, and clam chowder for starters. Big Al had minestrone soup for his starter, and then lasagna. He brought half of it home to eat for supper some night.
4. I see the Cowboys won today. Unfortunately the curse of the Seahawks struck and none of the channels in Washington were showing the game. Dallas beat Washington (DC not State) 27-20. Whoo-hoo.
5. I’m giving myself permission to abandon the latest Jack Reacher book. I’ve tried to read it for the last two weeks, and it’s just not holding my interest. I’m looking forward to starting In the Presence of the Enemy, by Elizabeth George – the next in the Inspector Lynley series.
How about you? What made you happy today?