Whatever is dear to you this season, may you find fullness and hope; and at least some measure of joy.Gretchen Staebler
1. It was 37 deg. and drizzly at dawn this morning. I was ripped from slumber about 2:00 am with wind and rain beating on the window, but that seems to have gone away. We had 40 deg. through the afternoon, and the temperature isn’t supposed to start dropping until after nightfall tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
2. The Central Washington Watters had Christmas today, because the granddaughter from Birmingham has to fly back on Sunday morning, so they are driving over to Spokane tomorrow. I hope the cancellation bug doesn’t hit them on Sunday after they make the trek across the state.
3. We had the leftover Chicken Noodle Soup of the Week. I needed to clear out some space in the refrigerator because of all the goodies for our charcuterie board tomorrow. I spent a while this afternoon making German cucumber salad and I also cut up the crudités for tomorrow’s cold snacks.
4. The last of the mail orders came today. I think we’re ready.
5. I’m going to watch the church’s pre-recorded children’s Christmas Eve Service when it airs later this afternoon. I’m so glad we don’t have to go out to enjoy it.
How about you? What made you happy today?