The promise was that when the glass was full, it would overflow benefitting the poor. But what happens instead, is that when the glass is full, it magically gets bigger – nothing ever comes out for the poor.Pope Francis
1. It was 28 deg and snowing (again) when I got up. It quit before lunch time, and the temperature got up to 30 deg. which is warm enough to start melting on streets and sidewalks.
2. Maintenance came and plowed out the driveway mid-morning. Once they got the new snow/ice off, nature began melting what was left. I even walked down and got the mail after lunch.
3. The city came and picked up the recyclables about 10:00, and I took the garbage (including the leftover shrimp and shrimp tails that I froze on Saturday, and the bacon grease that had been in a plastic bag in the refrigerator since Saturday) out and put it on the curb, bringing in the empty recyclables container.
4. Even though I was around all morning, we still did “fix-your-own” lunch. Big Al thawed out some of his spaghetti sauce and noodles that are his go-to favorite. I got the last box of Bill’s Gumbo thawed, cooked some rice, and had that for lunch.
5. It’s Greisser Girls Gab in just a few minutes. I’ll enjoy talking to the sisters.
How about you? What made you happy today?