Never doubt that a small group of committed people can change the world. It’s the only thing that ever has.President Josiah Bartlett – the West Wing
1. It was 34 deg. with a couple of inches of new snow on the ground when I got up. Snow flurries made thawing difficult through the morning. The snow finally stopped about 10:00, and the drips kept on all day. It continued with the same temperature until after sunset. Here are some of the impressive icicles we grew.
2. Al and I are real Southerners and we’re scared of driving in snow or ice. I had made a Safeway order when I thought we were finished with the snow. I put out a plea to the folks from the Gazebo Group to pick it up If they were going out anyway. Two different people offered to do my pickup for me. We are forever grateful. We now have milk and cereal and eggs and soup stuff.
3. We accidentally got peanuts with shells on a couple of weeks ago. Al had wanted regular peanuts to snack on. So I’ve been putting the ones with shells out on the back porch. It didn’t take long for the Stellar Jays to find them. Now they are having to fight the squirrels for them.
4. I fixed red beans and rice with Lil Smokies for lunch. Easy and warming, particularly if you add some Tabasco sauce.
5. The landscapers brought a big plow and worked on the streets beginning about noon. Then maintenance came and plowed out our driveway and finally spread salt and de-icer. I’m still in for the duration. Maybe I can get over to the Wellness Center on Saturday. It’s supposed to be above freezing then, and to continue in the upper 30s and 40s for the foreseeable future. (I’m tired of ice and snow!)
How about you? What made you happy today?