It’s probably better in the long run to commit our energy to fixing the specific problems that are right in front of us, perhaps one at a time, then adjusting to fix the next one. Confidence and capability increase with each fix.Rocky Supinger
1. It was 45 degs and raining this morning. The rain continued with a vengeance dumping up to 2″ on us today. It briefly got up to 52 deg today, but it felt colder with the continuing rain.
2. I got the last of the boxes of Christmas decorations out to the garage this morning. I also finished up my Intentions for 2022 and got them posted.
3. After a session at the Wellness Center while I watched HCR, I went to Safeway and picked up the order I made yesterday.
4. I also picked up lunch while I was out – a Big Mac for each of us. I’m not fond of Big Macs but when I got to the order window, all inspiration left me and I just ordered another one of what Al wanted. I SHOULD have gotten a Quarter Pounder. At least that has tomatoes to go with the lettuce and gooey sauce.
5. I’m looking forward to going into the living room to read some of my novel, and watch some British mysteries on TV. The rain makes a good accompaniment to an afternoon in front of the fire.
How about you? What made you happy today?
My Star Word for this year is Solitude. I’m taking it as an affirmation that my introverted tendencies are just fine.
“We are human beings, not human doings:”. I set these intentions for who I want to BE not what I want to DO. As with last year I will hold these intentions loosely, and may add new ones or subtract some of these as the spirit moves me.
- Traveler – aspirational – COVID and God willing
- Train Trip to Upstate New York
- Summer of 2022
- Start saving now
- Northern Washington with Bill
- Late spring
- Cost – minimal
- Whale Watching with Al
- Early Fall
- Cost – minimal
- Habits to keep
- Exercise 1 hour a day 5-6 days a week
- Eat healthy food
- Stick to regular schedule of noon meals
- Sunday – eat out
- Monday and Friday – meat, starch, and vegetable
- Tuesday – feed yourself (sandwich, salad, pre-frozen pasta)
- Wednesday – soup of the week, or salad
- Thursday – pickup Fast Food
- Saturday – finish off leftovers
- Habits to change
- Focus on how I feel when I’m exercising and eating right and try to ignore the numbers
- Really listen to Al instead of thinking I know what he’s going to say
- Great Decisions – first Wednesday of every month
- Changing Demographics
- Outer Space
- Climate Change
- Russia and the U.S.
- Myanmar and Asean
- Quad Alliance
- Drug Policy in Latin America
- Industrial Policy
- Biden’s Agenda
- Philosophy with Cornel West
- Read at least 24 books this year.
- Finish the Inspector Lynley series
- In the Presence of the Enemy – Elizabeth George – Reading
- Read less fluff, more serious offerings.
- 5 Things that Made Me Happy Today
- Stories from my Life
- Publish a story at least twice a week
- Okay to use and/or expand other things I’ve written
- Friend – Remember the only person I can change is me.
- Accepting Mindset
- Try to give other people the benefit of the doubt
- Ask questions instead of jumping to conclusions
- Introverted actions to take
- Send a kind message to distant friends at least once a month
- Keep up with friends on Facebook
- Send an email to people who do nice things for me or for other people