When you kill the idea of the public good, private pain will be your reward.Tim Wise
1. It was 32 deg. and clear when I got up, leading to a spectacular sunrise. It was alternately clear and misty all day with the temperature topping out at 45 deg.
2. Liturgically, today is Baptism of the Lord Sunday. We were encouraged to “remember our baptism.” We also welcomed a new member from a local ELCA congregation, who had been baptized as a Lutheran, but whose baptism is good in perpetuity.
3. We learned today that one of our Walmart Superstore is closing from yesterday through Tuesday, because over 50 confirmed cases of COVID have been identified by the Pierce County Health Department. They have hired an outside cleaning firm to come in and do a deep clean over the next couple of days.
4. I’m really jumpy about the rise in COVID cases in this area, so I chose to drive down to Royal Thai and bring our dinner home. I didn’t want to sit in a restaurant when other people there might or might not be wearing masks.
5. I had a terrible time trying to sort out a timeline for my life between 1962 and 1972 because I made several trips with different people from Texas to New Jersey and back again during that time. Also during that time I got married, had a baby, had major surgery, watched my husband graduate from college, moved to Germany, returned to college myself, sent my husband to Southeast Asia, had a second kid and moved to Louisiana. No wonder I’m confused.
How about you? What made you happy today?