And so we lift our gaze not to what stands between us, but what stands before us. We close the divide because we know to put our future first, we must first put our differences aside.Amanda Gorman
1. It was 40 degs. and cloudy when I got up. We had a watery sun from about noon until dark, but the temperature didn’t get over 46 degs.
2. I consider writing this a spiritual practice that keeps me grounded and reminds me to avoid “Outrage Addiction”. As one of my blogger friends says, “it’s more about doing what’s ours to do and letting go of outcome, trusting that the gift is often in the thing itself, not some future product.” That’s so true. While I appreciate you, gentle readers, this blog has never been about creating a business, or amassing followers.
3. I found out today that my preacher tested positive for COVID on Wednesday. Folks have been teasing me because I still refuse to go to church in person. She’s fully vaccinated, and boosted, and wears a mask all the time except when she preaches. So far she’s got a really mild case, and is already on the mend. Thanks Be to God!
4. We had pork chops with cinnamon applesauce, roast potatoes, and I had roasted Brussels sprouts, while Big Al had beets.
5. I have succumbed to Wordle. I did a good job on it today.
Wordle 216 5/6
How about you? What made you happy today?