It can be difficult to face up to our failings, but that’s exactly what we have to do, if we want to improve and move forward.Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer
1. It was 31 deg. and clear when I got up. It actually got up to 50 deg. today under partly cloudy skies. This may be the last we see of the 50s for a while, but I’ll take what I can get.
2. I headed to Safeway as soon as breakfast was over and picked up the order I had made yesterday. They had everything I ordered (miracle of miracles) except salted peanuts. Those were Big Al’s request. I’m not too upset that they weren’t available. He needs to quit eating so many peanuts.
3. Lunch was leftover chicken noodle soup from Wednesday. It was still just as good as it was then.
4. The sisters and I have been texting about food, and it’s making me hungry, even though I had a perfectly good dinner of soup not long ago. One sister is making collards and cornbread. Drool…
5. I was able to get my story for today written before it got too late.
How about you? What made you happy today?
What made me happy? I got to go to Vancouver’s biggest central library and use one of their 60 or so computers to do research even though I slept in today. I kept in touch with some of the bloggers who seem to consider me important to their lives. I’m glad you appreciate some of the many good things about life. It lifts my spirits just to see this Joel Osteen-like approach, although — ta hah! — he has a bigger house than yours, no doubt.