Pick your battles. You don’t have to show up to every argument you’re invited to.Mandy Hale
1. It was 43 deg. with damp streets when I got up. The temperature went up to 54 deg before it started raining around 1:00, and then started dropping to 47 deg. at sundown.
2. Nice church service on YouTube Live this morning. We ordained and installed new elders and deacons. I think we’ve got a good class. The sermon was about Daniel interpreting Nebechadnezzar’s dream. The lesson for today is to go out into the wilderness, or forest if you are troubled about anything, and ask for God’s guidance.
3. We went to our favorite Japanese restaurant for lunch today. Big Al had teriyaki salmon with shrimp tempura on the side, and I had shrimp and vegetable tempura. It was really good today. The last time we went the tempura was a little soggy, but today it was just right.
4. I had to run by the church to sign a check on the way home from the restaurant. Somehow I’m one of only two people who can sign checks. There used to be four or five of us, but I guess we’ve lost the others.
5. I’m looking forward to the next episode of the new version of All Creatures Great and Small that is on tonight.
How about you? What made you happy today?