Gratefulness allows us . . . to nurture a keener eye that no longer rushes past the small everyday moments that make up the larger part of our lives.Guri Mehta
1. It was 29 deg when I got up this morning, with a dusting of snow on cars in the parking lot. The sun was out most of the day, and the temperature rose to 40 deg. There will be a couple more sub-freezing nights, and then we get to a stretch of rainy weather with highs in the 50s.
2. They didn’t quite get finished with the plumbing under the new sink yesterday, so they came back this morning shortly after 9:00. I ran to get McDonalds breakfast for Al and me so we would be out of their way. For those of you who read yesterday’s story, you must have guessed that I’m a little discombobulated by having to switch lunch between yesterday and today, and by not getting my regular breakfast today. But I’m not complaining. The sink is great, and the guys cleaned up after themselves nicely.
3. HCR did a Politics Chat today, instead of her scheduled History Chat. She discussed the things that are going on in Ukraine. She was able to help me sort out some of my initial reactions and understand how to evaluate the situation without sensationalism.
4. I fixed Chicken Noodle Soup for lunch with some Spinach, Basil, Garlic Angel Hair noodles that we got for Christmas. It was nice to have hot soup for lunch since it’s so cold.
5. I finally got the tax return printed. Now all I have to do is wait for the money to appear in the bank account. I’m not desperate for it, but it would be nice to have it.
How about you? What made you happy today?