Hope is definitely not the same thing as optimism. It is not the conviction that something will turn out well, but the certainty that something makes sense, regardless of how it turns out.Vaclav Havel
1. It was in the low 30s and foggy when I woke up. By noon the sun was out and shinning brightly. It got up to 50 deg. before sundown.
2. The sermon for today was about Jesus as a friend. Oddly, I’ve never felt that. I believe I’ve said here before that my contact with the Trinity is through the Holy Spirit. She is much more a friend to me.
3. We went to Kyoto Japanese Restaurant for dinner today. Big Al had chicken yakisoba, and I had a sushi platter with 6 pieces of spicy tuna roll and 7 pieces of assorted sushi. My favorite.
4. On the way home we stopped at Trader Joe’s and I picked up my sausage for the next three or four weeks. That’s an errand I won’t have to run tomorrow.
5. It hasn’t been quite warm enough for everything to be in full bloom yet, but I did see a couple of flowering trees, and the forsythia is trying to bud out. The daffodils have been blooming for almost a week. Maybe, just maybe, this is the beginning of REAL SPRING, not the “faux spring” that Washington is famous for. I know, I’m a dreamer, but the sunshine certainly is nice.
How about you? What made you happy today?