We must begin, now, to reject the either/or system of dividing the world into unnecessary conflict.June Jordan
1. It was 49 deg. with drizzle when I woke up. The sun came out shortly after noon, and the temperature rose to the low 60s – the first time this year that we’ve climbed out of the 50s.
2. Good Bible Study this morning. We looked at the passage in Luke where Jesus says “A prophet is not without honor except in his own country.” We are supposed to be looking at “Jesus as Lord” on Sunday. How do you see Jesus?
3. I had a sister’s lunch today – Harriet’s Polenta and Betty’s collards. YUM!
4. I spent an hour while I was working out watching and listening to HCR talk about what’s happening in several areas – January 6th Committee, Ukraine, Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson’s confirmation hearings, and things that are not receiving enough attention like domestic violence. Fascinating discussion.
5. The deer have been lounging in my yard again today, taking advantage the sunshine. It won’t be long before the fawns will be playing in the yard.
How about you? What made you happy today?