When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive, to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love, then make that day count.Steve Maraboli
1. It was 45 deg and foggy when I got up this morning. The fog cleared by noon, and the sun came out sporadically through the afternoon. The temperature got up too 58 deg.
2. In Bible Study this morning we looked at John 13:34-14:10. It’s a very familiar passage, but we tried to look at it with new eyes. Interesting comments. We agreed that Jesus sounds like he’s tired of the disciples just not getting it. We wrestled with “Where is heaven?”
3. Since FTJ hasn’t gotten the new housekeeping service started yet, two of the administration came and cleaned our duplex. They did a pretty good job, and my floors, bathrooms, and kitchen are fresh and clean.
4. It’s Tuesday, so lunch was as each one wished. I had my healthy peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I think Al warmed up some leftover macaroni and cheese.
5. Two years ago, on this date, we held the first Greisser Girls’ Gab. We’ve had it on Sunday afternoons, Tuesday afternoons, and Thursday afternoons. Sometimes we all three make it, sometimes it’s only two of us. But it’s a highlight of my week. One of the perks from enforced isolation during COVID – reconnection with my far-flung family.
How about you? What made you happy today?