Families are like branches on a tree. We grow in different directions, yet our roots remain as one.anonymous
1. Lots of clouds this morning, and back in the mid 40s. But it started clearing early and the sun came out as #2 son and I got to Port Townsend. We had beautiful sunshine today, and half of Western Washington had decided it was a great day to go out. Temperature around 60 deg. for a high.
2. We left the house about 8:30 and, after a stop for McDonald’s breakfast we headed across the bridge and up the Kitsap Peninsula.
3. We got to Port Townsend by about 11:00 and discovered the ferry to Coopville needed reservations. We thought about doing “stand-by” for the 12:30 boat, but then we decided to just explore Port Townsend.
4. We drove to look at the harbor where the Whale Watching Tours depart from. Then we drove out to Fort Warden and #2 son got some great pictures of the Stait of Juan de Fuca. Then we drove around the old portion of town and then through downtown.
5. We had lunch at a nice place right by the water. We each had a club sandwich and thoroughly enjoyed the view and ourselves.
We were home by 4:30! Great day!
How about you? What made you happy today?