The abundant heart embraces our world, holding all its joy and fear, gain and loss, nobility and selfishness, enveloped in a field of compassion and love.JACK KORNFIELD
1. It was 51 degs and cloudy with wet streets when I got up this morning. We had peek-a-boo clouds all day, with the high temperature of 57 deg, even though it felt colder with the wind when the sun was under a cloud.
2. I managed to get the laundry all done, the DVD for Great Decisions class next week watched, and a trip to the Wellness Center for most of an hour while the guys did their things.
3. The boys stayed in the guest cottage last night and they had strict instructions to entertain themselves until after 9:30. Then the men in my life went to the bank, the liquor store, and Best Buy. The testosterone in the house was palpable.
4. We went to Mandolin Sushi for lunch. Good food, and more of it than ought to be legal. I had sushi, Big Al had Teriyaki Salmon, #1 son had a Mongolian Beef Bento Box, and #2 son had Teriyaki Chicken with mounds of fried rice.
5. We all went over Al’s and my wills and other legal papers to make sure everyone understood everything they needed to know.
How about you? What made you happy today?