Let us slow down enough to truly notice all that is presenting itself to us as blessing.KRISTI NELSON
1. The day dawned cloudy and 41 deg. The sun came out after breakfast. We had sun most of the day but “they” are threatening thunderstorms in a couple of hours.
2. This morning the person who is in charge of settling people in to housing and moving people between buildings came over today and talked to the boys about what may/will happen as we become unable to take care of ourselves (hopefully many years in the future).
3. #1 son and #2 son got a tour to the Assisted Living building, and the new Health Care building. I went, too, and got a nice walk around the campus in the sunshine.
4. #2 son has been taught by his wife (a born Cajun) how to make gumbo. He spent the morning in the kitchen chopping “the Holy Trinity” of cajun cooking (green peppers, onions, & celery), and occasionally stirring the roue. I was able to find Andouille sausage at the commissary yesterday, and I had plenty of chicken and plenty of rice, and Cajun seasoning left from when he came after Big Al was in the hospital. Gumbo party at my house for lunch.
5. Together, the boys were able to rearrange Big Al’s room to give him more space to move around, and to keep the sun out of his eyes.
How about you? What made you happy today?