The trick, it seems, is to be able to hold both things very close – the gratitude and the misery – and then, with a semblance of faith, to let them fly.ELIZABETH AQUINO
1. Lower 40s and clear!!! when I got up tis morning, with blue, blue skies, and a gentle breeze. It was pretty most of the afternoon, with scattered clouds, but it never warmed up any higher than the mid 50s.
2. Mother’s Day. I appreciate my daughters-in-law for the wonderful mothers they are.
3. In church today we heard about the story of Dorcas. We also had a pop-up display of many different cloths and materials, since Dorcas was a weaver. She was loved and supported by the community, and all the women gathered around when she died.
4. Mother’s Day lunch was at Boathouse 19. I had clam chowder, batter fried cod, and coleslaw. Big Al had two mini cheese burgers.
5. Because it’s Mother’s Day, and because I won’t get anything to eat tomorrow until after my cataract surgery, I got a Girl Scout Thin Mint Blizzard for my afternoon snack!
How about you? What made you happy today?