I don’t know anything about consciousness. I just try to teach my students how to hear the birds sing.SHUNRYU SUZUKI ROSHI
1. It was 52 deg. and raining when I got up this morning. There was a short window around 2:00 pm when it wasn’t raining, and I took the recycling container out to the curb during that hiatus. It got warmer while we were at lunch, and, of course, it got foggy as it warmed up. High temperature today was upper 50s.
2. The sermon this morning was from Leviticus. The service focused on food, food insecurity, and the insistence from the Bible that we not use or harvest everything in our fields. Instead we should leave something for the poor and destitute to glean. Our little community garden at the church suggests that everyone who has a plot should plant enough to take some to the food bank.
3. The birds and the squirrels have been busy today, scampering and flitting to avoid the raindrops as they go about their business.
4. We went to Pomodoro’s for lunch today. Big Al had his favorite – lasagna. He brought half of it home to have for supper sometime this week. I had the special – a pretzel crusted chicken scaloppini. over garlic mashed potatoes, with broccoli and two shrimp. There was too much breading (pretzeling?) and I only ate about half. The waitress took 20% off the bill because I was unhappy with it. Al and I shared a spumoni ice cream. They seem to be the only place to get spumoni, so we usually take advantage when we go there.
5. I’m still trying to get my head around the black hole at the center of our galaxy. The thing is super massive, and I really have no conception. That’s one of the things I hope to ask God about when we meet in person. My list of conundrums that I need explanations for keeps growing.
How about you? What made you happy today?