I don’t think we have the option for despair. Hope is something we cultivate in our daily consciousness through our daily actions… my joy comes from the awareness that I’m part of the amazing earth.Vandana Shiva
1. Drizzly, grey morning with a temperature of 50 deg. It brightened up a little before noon, but the wind blew all day. The high this afternoon was 57 deg.
2. We had a guest preacher today in church. She did a good job in a really hard week. Her sermon ended with some hope.
3. #2 son, his wife, and their youngest dog came to visit today. They stopped at a fresh fruit stand in Yakima, and brought us peaches, apricots, cherries, and asparagus, as well as some fresh herbs and salad greens from their own garden.
4. Wife and dog went to the dog park, and son helped fix the garage door opener, and a couple of little things on the computers. He also helped me with boxes and bags of old tax returns, and he hung up the wind chimes. It was a running trip – here shortly after 1:00 pm, gone before 3:30.
5. By the time they left Al and I were starving so we went down to a little Mexican bistro – Maria’s. I had a combination plate – cheese enchilada, beef taco, and chicken tamale, with rice and beans. Al had a green chili enchilada plate with rice and beans. Wonderful.
How about you? What made you happy today?
Now, that was a short, but productive visit! And you didn’t have to prepare a meal! What made me happy today is the weather (and muddy conditions) did not compel me to get out and continue hoeing weeds out of the garden; and so I FINALLY got a handle on my book launch timeline. Thank you for asking!
LikeLiked by 1 person