Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you.ruth bader ginsburg
1. Good sleeping weather last night – low 50s this morning when I got up. The sun has been out all day, and it got up to the mid 70s this afternoon.
2. Went to Trader Joe’s right after breakfast to get potato, tomato, head of lettuce, and peaches. That should get us through Sunday for dinners. (Big Al wonders why I’m so focussed on making menus.)
3. Mama and Papa were married 79 years ago today. They were married in 1943 during WWII. They celebrated 50 years together in 1993, then Mama died in 1997, and Papa died in 2008. I remember sitting in church with Papa on June 24th in about 2004 or 2005, and he wrote me a note on his bulletin under the date. “Mama’s and my anniversary.”
4. Barbecue chicken, Mama’s potato salad, tomato, and German cucumber salad for lunch today.
5. Having a hard time being “happy” today. The Supremes have destroyed my last hope for democracy.
How about you? What made you happy today?