People generally see what they look for and hear what they listen for.Harper Lee
1. Another really beautiful day – 55 deg. this morning. The sun was out all day, with a light breeze, and by the late afternoon it was in the upper 70s.
2. My sister and my niece continue to send me pictures of Colorado. I asked about the trees to find out whether what I was seeing was the result of forest fires or the dreaded beetle. The ones in this picture are from a forest fire. My niece said “…about 5-8 years ago the dreaded beetle destroyed most of the adult trees. But since then they’ve cut all those down and burned the soil to get rid of the beetle. There’s lots of new trees growing over the last five years.”
3. HCR has been super busy this week, particularly with the January 6 hearing, so she took today off from her History Chat. She deserves a break.
4. We had McDonald’s for lunch – a Big Mac for Al and a Quarter Pounder with Cheese Deluxe for me.
5. I’ve finished all my necessary chores for today, so I’m going to read a little and then watch something streaming
How about you? What made you happy today?