Self-care is never a selfish act—it is simply good stewardship of the only gift I have, the gift I was put on earth to offer to others.parker palmer
1. Pretty morning when I got up. Temperature hovering right around 60 deg and clear. The temperature got to 80 degs. before sundown under consistently sunny skies.
2. I showered and had breakfast by 9:30, and drove down to the hospital to take Al’s toothbrush to him. After a short visit I came back home to “go to church on line.”
3. Nice church service about prayer. Shortly after the end of the service, Son #2 pulled into the driveway.
4. We went to Moctezumas for lunch leaving poor Al to hospital food. I had a Mexican Chopped Salad, and Bill had three enchiladas.
5. We then paid a visit to the invalid, and he’s in much better spirits it seems. He’s resisting being stuck anymore, but he’s generally behaving himself.
How about you? What made you happy today?