An awake heart is like a lighthouse helping others to find a safe way home.Rolf van der Wind
1. Hot, summer day, today. It was in the mid 60s when I woke up. It was upper 80s by the time we got home from the movie. It’s going to mid-90s (WHEW) by night fall. TBTG for air conditioning.
2. Some friends here at FTJ rented one of the local theaters to see Where the Crawdads Sing. They were reluctant to go to a movie when they couldn’t be sure of people masking up. They invited 20 of us to go with them, and I was able to get a place on the bus. We had the whole theater to ourselves, so we were properly socially distanced. Bill is still here to keep Big Al company so I had a relaxing morning out.
3. I was not sure about the movie, having read several unflattering reviews, but I thought they did a wonderful job with it. I couldn’t figure out how they would condense that book into a 2-hour movie, but they did it well.
4. Bill and I hit McDonalds for lunch and picked up chicken fried rice for Big Al.
5. Greisser Girls Gab this afternoon. Looking forwards to it.
How about you? What made you happy today?