God is in the traffic jam. God is in the unpaid bills on the counter. God is in the frustrations about the needed car repairs. And yes, God is in the toaster, if God is anywhere at allhugh hollowell
1. Nice morning with temperatures in the mid-60s. This should be the last day of our mini-heat wave. The high this afternoon was in the 90s, but closer to 90 than 95.
2. Good church service this morning with lots going on. They are having a barbecue today for lunch but we opted out because of the heat(?). There were three members who had special birthdays – a 90-year-old, a 70-year-old, and a 30-year-old. The Birthday Cake was at the barbecue. Finally a long-time member who left the church back in the 1990s because of the PCUSA’s stance on gays (he came out as gay at the time) rejoined the church. We have supported him and loved him all this time and he returned. Thanks be to God.
3. I got my Intentions Review for July written.
4. Al sort of had his mouth poked out because Bill and I went and had Mexican food last week while he was in the hospital. So today, we went back to Moctezumas and both had Mexican chopped salad. YUM
5. Spending the rest of the afternoon inside, keeping cool, and working some more on my Memoir/Travelogue.
How about you? What made you happy today?