Hope may be fleeting and fragile at times, but it will not be extinguished.sharon K. youngs
1. 55 deg. and blue skies this morning. It was a little cool with a breeze at noon when the picnic started, but it warmed up nicely this afternoon to 77 before sundown. “They” say there’s another heat wave (read “in the upper 80s”) coming next week.
2. More work on the Memoir this morning.
3. We had the annual picnic here at FTJ today. BBQ chicken thigh, red skinned potato salad, corn on the cob and mixed berry cobbler with vanilla ice cream for me. BBQ hamburger with tomato slice, coleslaw, baked beans, and cobbler for Al.
4. We thoroughly enjoyed sitting in the sunshine while we ate. They had a 5-piece band for entertainment. We chose to sit at a table in the sun instead of under the tent.
5. Al managed to walk from the provided transportation to the table just using his cane. Of course, then he wanted me to fetch his food for him, so I caught a ride back home and got his walker to use to transport the plates, etc., back to where we were sitting. He really enjoyed himself, I think, and he got to see a lot of folks that he usually doesn’t see.
How about you? What made you happy today?