We are not called to worship the Bible (the Bible is not God), the Church (the Church is not God), the Pastor (the Pastor is not God) or our nation.Jan Edmiston
1. Cloudy skies, and upper 60s first thing this morning. It was a 2-shirt day again – I was cold in a T-shirt this morning, so I changed into a long-sleeved shirt. Then when I came back from the Wellness Center, I put the T-shirt back on. We had a couple of little showers through the morning, but the sun came out about 3:00. It finally was supposed to warm up into the low 80s, but not until after 3:00 pm.
2. More memoir work this morning. I think I’m beginning to hit a rhythm.
3. Al had a Zoom meeting for his Safety Group this morning. Once everyone figured out how to function on Zoom it went well. I was a little amazed. Al is OLD – 81 years old – but he knew more than most of the rest of the attendees. These are mostly younger, professional people. I told him they needed to go back in time and birth a tame IT professional to help them.
4. I had cantaloupe with cottage cheese for lunch, followed by a chocolate chocolate chip muffin from the Bistro.
5. Greisser Girls Gab this afternoon. Lots to talk about from the weather, to politics, to “what’s for dinner.”
How about you? What made you happy today?