To live is so startling, it leaves but little room for other occupations.emily dickinson
1. It was cool overnight – 61 deg. and overcast when I got up. By the time we got back from the mountain it was still only 66 deg.
2. Day trip to the Mt. Rainier. I was up early, breakfasted and over at Lillian Pratt by 8:50 to catch the bus.
3. It was cloudy above us all the way up the road to Paradise, but just as we got to the parking area, the sun came out from behind the clouds and we had sunny, blue skies the rest of the time we were there. You can even see the glaciers. The wild flowers were beautiful, too.
4. Good box lunch fixed by the dining room. We sat in the sunshine at picnic tables and looked at the mountain as we ate, I had a ham sandwich, chopped salad, pickle, potato chips, and two chocolate chip cookies. Very tasty. I also treated myself to a mocha and sat on the porch of the Inn in the sun to enjoy it.
5. As we came down off of the mountain, the clouds closed back in on us, and it was cloudy all the way back to Tacoma – but who cares – we had great weather at Paradise.
How about you? What made you happy today?