Capture moments of gratitude, tuck them into a pouch where they can easily be retrieved, and pull them out as needed to serve as antidotes of hopefulness in moments of challenge.Christina Baldwin
1. Cloudy morning, but little to no smoke – 60 deg. The clouds hung around all afternoon, and the temperature finally crawled up to 67 deg. I think fall is really here, even though the trees haven’t started turning yet. The AQI is down to 47 – the first time it’s under 50 since last Friday. It was over 160 for a while on Saturday.
2. I had to miss Bible study this morning because the lady who cuts my hair is going back to Korea for a visit, and I was in desperate need of a cut before she left. This was the only appointment she had available. I took the clothes I had collected for the Northwest Detention Center by the church while we were out. I also got all the clean grocery bags out of the car and delivered them to the lady who takes them to the Food Bank. Lots of little errands that never get seen to because “I can do that anytime.”
3. The housekeeper came today, and I have clean floors, clean sheets on the beds, clean bathrooms, a clean kitchen, and the house smells fresh.
4. Tuesday is fix-it-yourself for lunch. I decided to get out of the housekeeper’s way, and got a tuna fish sandwich and a peanut butter cookie at the Bistro.
5. Greisser Girls Gab this afternoon. We’ll be a little late because both sisters had stuff to do. The one from New York was driving back to the city from her house in the country, and the one from Arkansas’s daughter was really busy at work and didn’t get home until late.
How about you? What made you happy today?