In order to aspire we need to be grounded and no matter how high we go, it is from our roots that we draw sustenance.unknown
1. Cool and clear this morning with temps in the high 40s. Gorgeous weather all day. Mid-70s this afternoon under blue skies. A few trees are starting to turn color. I was right that the fall colors are several weeks behind. I saw one of my posts from 8 years ago with lots of bright trees down on Ruston Way.
2. Commissary run this morning. I think we got everything we needed. At least, I know there’s no more room in the refrigerator, freezer, or cabinet. If we need anything else, it’ll have to come from Trader Joes or Safeway.
3. We stopped at Bruno’s for dinner on the way home. Al still wasn’t hungry after scarfing down two McDonald’s Breakfast Burritos on the way down to JBLM, so he only had a big bowl of borscht for lunch. I had a small bowl of borscht, kielbasa, and German cucumber salad.
4. I carried all the bags in, and Al worked hard, repackaging and putting everything away.
5. The wildlife in my backyard have been very busy getting ready for the turn of the year. Squirrels are running up and down the fence, Bucky (with a fine set of antlers) and his doe have been scavenging leaves and nibbling bushes, and the raccoon family has been putting in regular appearances.
How about you? What made you happy today?