Lord, I don’t think you created us to be able to metabolize such a constant stream of bad news every day. But I do know that you created us to metabolize cookies. And for that I give you thanks and praise.Nadia Bolz-Weber
1. Cool and cloudy this morning – mid 50s. The sun was out all day and it warmed up to the mid 70s.
2. I scurried over to the Wellness Center to get my steps right after breakfast. Exercise done and dusted for the day.
3. I got home in time to see the last three quarters of the Oregon State v Utah game, followed by California v Washington State, then Colorado v Arizona – dropping in to the Alabama v Arkansas game, and various other games as the spirit moved me. Washington played UCLA last night and lost.
4. We grazed through the day on crackers, carrots, cashews, pickles, the last of the pate, cottage cheese, tomato, etc. I had a bag of pop corn for the Oregon game!
5. The Ducks are playing against their arch rivals – Stanford. (Stanford was my father’s alma mater, and I know he rolls in his grave every time I root against them.) The game doesn’t start until 8:00 pm PDT. You’ll have to stay up and watch if you want to know the score. I’ll be awake at the end, but on my way to bed.
How about you? What made you happy today?