One day you will tell your story of how you overcame what you went through, and it will be someone else’s survival guide.Brene Brown
1. Back to 50 deg. at dawn, but still clear, and no smoke. We’re having a high this afternoon of 67 deg. under cloudless blue skies. The AQI is still only 42 – GOOD! There’s a possibility of rain starting the middle of next week. Fingers crossed.
2. Al had been scheduled for a medical check-up today, but he got a call yesterday afternoon saying the doctor was ill, and he needed to reschedule. So now he’s going Monday afternoon. I had planned on some alone-time this morning, but that didn’t happen.
3. I got a notice today that my new phone has been shipped overnight. It’s been sitting at the sorting facility at SEA-TAC since noon. They’re still promising it should be here before 4:30.
I think I showed you Al’s phone when we ordered them. He got his last week and I’m getting mine now. Thank goodness they will both be here when #2 son comes to visit and can help us with transferring all the data.
4. I put Betty’s Collards on to cook before I went to the Wellness Center. We had steak, hash brown potatoes, and I had the collards, and Big Al had frozen corn.
5. I’m not sure whether they are only releasing one episode a week of Shetland or what. I finished episode 5 and there’s no evidence of any more. They keep saying this is the end of the series, but, if that’s so, they sure left a lot of loose ends. In any case, I just started watching Sherwood and it’s pretty good.
How about you? What made you happy today?