…we are out of time on the clock. The US Government, and the world, have done far too little on climate change, and so now we must move far faster than is comfortable or convenient.Bill McKibben
1. It was in the low 40s at dawn, today, with cloudy skies and no wind. The sun came out this afternoon, but the temperature couldn’t get any higher than 49 degs. I think this is the first time this fall that the high temperature hasn’t been in the 50s. The tree outside my window has finally turned bright orange.
2. Bible Study this morning was Haggai 2:1-9. The Israelites had returned from captivity in Babylon, and had started rebuilding the Temple. God tells them there’s more destruction coming, but that’s not the end. Eventually, God will rule again.
3. I went over to the Bistro and had a tunafish sandwich and a piece of cinnamon coffee cake for lunch.
4. HCR reassured us that NOBODY knows what’s going to happen next Tuesday. The polls are a mess. Don’t give up hope. And for heaven’s sake, VOTE!
5. My New York sister is still doing phone calls for the election, so my Arkansas sister and I had Greisser Girls Gab without her. We’ll catch her on the flip side.
How about you? What made you happy today?