It is a serious thing just to be alive on this fresh morning in this broken world.Mary Oliver
1. It was 31 deg. and partly cloudy when I woke up. The sun was out most of the day, but it clouded up in the mid afternoon. The temperature stayed in the upper 40s.
2. Nice church service this morning using the passage from Jeremiah that we studied last Tuesday. Nothing earth shattering, but a reminder to be thankful for those who lead us.
3. Al and I went to Kyoto for lunch. Al had a salad with grilled chicken, carrots, iceberg lettuce, and their special dressing. He also had four pieces of ebi. I had chicken yakisoba. I left most of the noodles, but feasted on carrots, cabbage, chicken, broccoli, onions, and mushrooms. There were two little kids there who were entranced with the indoor streams and the goldfish swimming in the restaurant.
4. After lunch, we rode downtown to check on where they had moved the Amtrak station to. I’m glad we went, because I like to be assured of a location before we start out.
5. On the way home, we picked up Choco Brownie Supreme Blizzards. It’s been ages since we’ve had one. It was cold to be eating ice cream, but it tasted sooooo good.
How about you? What made you happy today?