Gratitude celebrates life with a joyful “yes” at every knot of the great network in which everything is connected to everything.Br. David Steindl-Rast
1. It was pretty cold in Portland when we woke up – 42 deg. It was cloudy, and rain was threatened, but it wasn’t raining. By the time we got to Tacoma our teeth were chattering because it had started raining and the temperature was in the upper 30s. Brrr.
2. We packed up and were ready to leave by the time we went down for breakfast.
3. Another good breakfast, compliments of the Residence Inn by Marriott in the Pearl in Portland.
4. We ordered a taxi to take us to the train station, and it came in plenty of time. We waited about half an hour before the Red Cap drove us out to the train and got us settled. It was an uneventful train ride, except that we almost froze to death.
5. We were home to Tacoma just about on time, and were met by the FTJ van. It was raining when we got to Tacoma, and cold. Now we’re back in our Duplex warming up, unpacking, and doing a little bit of the wash.
How about you? What made you happy today?