Choosing to have joy is not naively thinking everything will be easy. It is courageously believing that there is still hope, even when things get hard.Morgan Harper Nichols
1. It was 40 deg at dawn today, cloudy with wet streets. The sun came out around breakfast time and it’s been blue skies and breezy with puffy white clouds the rest of the day. High temperature in the mid 40s.
2. Nice church service this morning, as the first Sunday in Advent. The text and sermon were from Isaiah. The preacher talked about God’s time – already and not yet. We also welcomed back a child of the church who moved away years ago.
3. Al and I couldn’t decide what to have for lunch today, so we went to our favorite Thai cafe. I opted on Beef Noodle Soup and Al chose Wonton Soup. Warming, and filling without being overwhelming. Just light enough after all the food over Thanksgiving.
4. How did it get to be time to decorate for Christmas, already? I’ve gone really minimal the last couple of years, and I’m not inclined to do much more. I’m leaning heavily on snowmen and elves. Table, fireplace, and pillows are enough for me.
5. Glad to be settling back into a routine with traveling and visiting out of the way for a while. I’m enjoying the cool/cold weather that makes an excuse not to go and do.
How about you? What made you happy today?