I do not understand the mystery of grace – only that it meets us where we are and does not leave us where it found usAnne Lamott
1. It was 31 deg this morning and cloudy. We had been threatened with snow, but there was nothing on the grass or ground, even though the roofs next door were white. I no sooner typed those words than snow began falling steadily and sticking. The melting and rain began around noon, with a high this afternoon of 41 deg.
2. In Bible study we were in Isaiah 11:1-10. Various people talked about being vegan. I don’t think that’s what this passage is about. I think the indigenous people understood that living things and land didn’t “belong” to anyone. It was there to be used and appreciated by everyone.
3. I went over to the Bistro for lunch and had a tunafish salad sandwich, and a cream cheese brownie. I also treated myself to a mocha.
4. No HCR today, but I did get a call from Maintenance saying that the new Insta-Hot is here and will be installed tomorrow morning. I’ll be a happy camper since it’s so much easier than heating water in the microwave every time I want a cup of tea.
5. Greisser Girls Gab this afternoon. It’ll be fun to hear about everybody’s Thanksgiving (and I won’t feel bad about eating ALL THE MEAT at FOGO DE CHÃO, even though the folks who shared one sister’s dinner were T-Totally vegan – not just vegetarian – vegan.)
How about you? What made you happy today?