We are here to awaken from our illusion of separateness.THICH NHAT HANH
1. It was around 43 deg with wet streets early this morning. By mid afternoon, the temperature had risen to 44 deg. Just a cold, damp, grey day.
2. We had a Zoom meeting with the CEO/CFO/COO this morning about the fact that our rent is going up between 7.5% and 8.5%, depending on which building we live in. It’s a blow to my happy thoughts about our Social Security payments going up, but I suppose they have to pay the bills and the people who work here.
3. I went over to the Wellness Center to decompress from the charged meeting. Talking about money and expenses with folks who aren’t accountants makes my teeth itch.
4. Off I went after the time at the Wellness Center to pick up the groceries I ordered from Safeway yesterday and bring home Burger King burgers for our lunch. Safeway made several strange substitutions that I’m not happy with. Maybe I’ll switch my pickup order to a different store that’s bigger and not that much farther away.
5. I was so pleased to learn that Brittany Griner has been released. Russia is rogue nation, led by a seriously disturbed man.
How about you? What made you happy today?