If we stop long enough to gaze at what is laid out before us, to let the mystery of beauty and the wonder of the seasons sit deeply in our soul, our hearts cannot help but burst forth in thanksgiving and gratitude to life itself.Deborah Adele
1. It was 20 deg when I woke up this morning with lots of ice. Again I was happy to be safely in the warm, dry hospital. By the time I was ready to go home it was starting to thaw. By sunset it had warmed up to 38 and the icy streets were running like rivers.
2. I actually had breakfast this morning, but it was a little sparse because most of the cooks hadn’t made it in. My breakfast was scrambled eggs, and orange juice. They also gave me a bowl of oatmeal and a cup of coffee (neither of which I eat/drink). They couldn’t help it and did the best they could with no staff.
3. I spent the morning watching junk TV, and napping. Lunch wasn’t much better than breakfast, but I did get turkey, and mashed potatoes. I also had a little package of sliced apples.
4. I spent most of the time until 2:00, getting my discharge orders, and prescriptions for after I got home. One of our friends at FTJ offered to drive Al down to pick me up. They arrived shortly after 2:30, and I got one of the guys from my floor to find a wheelchair to take me down. We got home around 3:30.
5. Now I’m sitting under a cover in front of the fire watching football and Al is fixing me a bowl of cereal, and a cup of tea.
How about you? What made you happy today?
Glad you made it back home. We had sunshine here this afternoon and the temperature got up to 50 degrees. Terry and I are home for a few days having been diagnosed with Influenza A.
LikeLiked by 1 person