Through me course wide rivers and in me rise tall mountains. And beyond the thickets of my agitation and confusion there stretch the wide plains of my peace and surrender. All landscapes are within me. And there is room for everything.Etty Hillesum
1. It was 37 deg when I went to bed last night and it was 43 deg around dawn. After deluging rain all day, now at sundown it’s 50 deg.
2. I got up, fixed a cup of tea, read my mail, took a shower, got dressed and decided I needed to sit down in my recliner for a while.
3. I had planned to fix breakfast, but Al offered to run to McDonalds for one so I took him up on it. Scrambled egg, sausage, biscuit (with my sugar free blackberry jam). I didn’t eat the hash brown, or their jelly, so I figured I was being pretty “heart healthy”.
4. Al drove down to Royal Thai and brought home Beef Noodle Soup for me, and Pad Thai for himself. As usual it was way too much food, so we have something to eat next week.
5. I’ve spent the rest of the day in front of the fire. And for the best thing of the day, the Cowboys just beat the Eagles.
How about you? What made you happy today?