It is our lowliness and our humility, not our strength and our so-called virtues where God does God’s very best work.Nadia Bolz-Weber
1. It was 41 deg and windy when I got up. It got up to 46 deg before sundown. We even had a few patches of blue sky this morning. The wind from yesterday seems not to have had any effect on our lives.
2. I decided I really wanted Gumbo for lunch, and I know that once I get it made, I’ll have enough for lots of lunches. And it’s loaded with veggies.
3. I thawed out some chicken that I had in the freezer, and poached it right after breakfast. I started the roue, and got an okay from my son when I thought it was dark enough. While the roue toasted, I chopped the celery, peppers, onion, and garlic. By that time, the chicken was cool enough to shred, and I sliced the Kielbasa.
4. I was pretty tired from standing and chopping, so I sat down and watched a little TV. Then I put everything together, corrected the seasoning with Tony Chacheries, boiled a little rice, and had lunch. It was really good.
5. Now I’m headed for the two football games I’ve be waiting for all day. Kansas plays Arkansas, in the Liberty Bowl, followed by Oregon v North Carolina in the Holiday Bowl. Busy Day…
How about you? What made you happy today?