While the news often features the worst of humanity, there are a billion acts of human kindness every hour of every day! Take another breath and sense this truth.Jack Kornfield
1. It was 32 deg and purportedly snowing when I got up. I saw the snow once it got light enough to see anything. It quit before 9:00 am. Now it’s just plain cold – 40 deg – and the sun is shining sporadically.
2. We’re continuing in the Sermon on the Mount in Bible Study. We had a good discussion about what the people listening understood as “The Kingdom of God.” (This is a really old painting, but, unfortunately most people still think of Jesus and the disciples as light-skinned.)
3. I got most of my steps in at the Wellness Center, and picked up a tuna fish sandwich and a chocolate chip cookie for my lunch. (I PLANNED for the cookie.) While I was gone the housekeeper came and changed the sheets on the beds, cleaned the kitchen and bathrooms, and vacuumed and swept and mopped the floors.
4. I got my Intentions Review for January 2023 written.
5. Greisser Girls Gab is in a few minutes. It will be nice seeing the sisters and learning about their activities and lives. Although we’re all three in our 70s, I still feel like they are a different generation.
How about you? What made you happy today?