It is not the answer that enlightens but the question.Eugene Ionesco
1. It was 42 deg with wet streets when I got up this morning. It rained pretty steadily until about 2:00 pm when the sun made a peek-a-boo appearance. High this afternoon was 48 deg.
2. Nice church service this morning. This Sunday is the Baptism of the Lord, according to the common lectionary. We all remembered our own baptisms.
3. One of our long-time members has recently been diagnosed with a particularly aggressive form of cancer, and we did a “Laying on of Hands” for her. She was one of the people who welcomed us most warmly when we moved here to Tacoma. Prayers for her healing, if it is God’s will; otherwise, prayers for peace.
4. Al and I went to Harbor Lights for dinner today. It’s been a long time since we’ve been there, so we really enjoyed it. I had grilled trout, roasted carrots and squash, and rice pilaf. Al had ground sirloin, an enormous baked potato, and roasted carrots.
5. I think the proverbial Sunday afternoon nap is about to be taken…
How about you? What made you happy today?