On gray days being in community creates its own kind of sunlight.Catherine
1. It was In the mid 40s and raining, with raindrops beating on the skylight when I got up. It backed off to a drizzle with intermittent harder showers that continued all afternoon. High temperature – 47 deg.
2. Good church service this morning. The sermon was the passage from 1 Corinthians that we looked at in Bible Study on Tuesday. The preacher pointed out that this letter was written in the “already not yet” voice. The people in the church in Corinth were already saved but not yet perfected. As are we all.
3. We went to Pomodoro for lunch. We had originally planned to go to Kyoto, but with the drippy weather we decided we would rather go someplace close. Big Al had spaghetti with meat sauce, and I had halibut in a cream sauce with onions, mushrooms, and sun-dried tomatoes, and fresh broccoli on the side. As an added treat they gave me two prawns. It was very good, but way more than I could eat.
4. My blogger friend Gretchen Staebler posted something yesterday that hit me with all the feel. You can read it here. (photo by Gretchen Staebler.)
5. And as a special treat for you on this dreary, rainy January day…
How about you? What made you happy today?