Willing to experience aloneness, I discover connection everywhere; Turning to face my fear, I meet the warrior who lives within.Jennifer Welwood
1. It was 42 deg and cloudy when I got up. We had blue sky with puffy clouds most of the day, and the high temperature got up to 48 deg.
2. I finally (after untold months) got back to the NYT Crossword Puzzle. I finished it – not in a record time, and not without a couple of hints – but I finished it.
3. They were doing evaluations at the Wellness Center today. It didn’t take long, and, amazingly enough, I didn’t lose any ground from the last time I was evaluated (before the pandemic shut the place down). We had to do sit-to-stands, biceps curls with a 5 lb weight, stand-up and walk around a cone and come back to the chair and sit, and stand without holding on to anything for 10 sec, I did fine with everything except standing with my feet together, and I already knew my balance was awful.
4. I fixed ham steak, and sweet potato, with roasted broccoli for me and steamed cauliflower for Al.
5. We have Gazebo Group this evening. Naturally the Cowboys are playing in the NFL play-off starting at the same time, and Rachel Maddow is on, also at the same time. I’ll try to hit all of them.
How about you? What made you happy today?